View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Sun, May-30-04, 12:00

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 216/166/150 Female 60 inches
BF:45%/33.5%/28%
Progress: 76%

iekeikei, a couple of things:
It's always good advice to read the available books, find a plan and stick to it. I'd also recommend Protein Power, which at 30-40g ECC per day for Phase I (your choice, depends on what you prefer) vegetarians can include non-meat protein sources--all of which have carbs--with a lot less mental effort.

That said, you are at 130lbs and trying to drop to 115--that's just 15lbs. Whenever you're only trying to lose a very small amount of weight, it's harder, regardless of the plan you're on. I don't know what type of exercise you do/did, or how regularly you exercise now, but you might find that increasing your lean body mass with resistance training (Pilates on a machine, a Total Gym, or weight training) would reshape your body as effectively as any eating plan. Combined with eating a healthy low carb plan, you'd really improve your health...but it might not end up looking like 115lbs on the scale. Resistance training will increase your metabolism and improve your muscle structure...and you'll likely lose inches, but maybe not lose many pounds according to the scale. You'll definitely fill out your clothes differently though!

Bottom line, although you've been there before, 115lbs may not be a realistic goal. Evaluate your current lean body weight and body fat percentage, and aim to improve those numbers. What you end up weighing according to the scale is inconsequential if you've build a healthy body. Hope this helps.