View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 21:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/177/160 Male 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 43%

Thanks red - Agree with your sentiment absolutely.

I'm not being dogmatic on this one but my weight was absolutely stable for weeks and only a small amount of carb over the 20 g per day would take me out of ketosis.

Is it fair to suggest that the "Fat Fast" has shown maybe some people have cunning bodies that might, even in ketosis, be able to use surplus non-carb foods more effectively than others?

I feel sure that the problem was that I enjoy protein foods such as cream, marscapone cheese, macadama nuts butter and protein foods and seeing the portions I am having on the "Fat Fast" where I am also in ketosis suggest that for me two or three times over that intake (say 2400 to 3600 calories per day of protein is far too much)

On the exercise front I have no plans to to increase my eight hours per week mix of recreational badminton and competitive league level table tennis (not ping pong!) but I will try to slot in some more in line skating.

Here's the deal I'll
  • report back truthfully the extent to which there is weight gain on ending the "Fat Fast". I suspect there may be a change in levels of water retention as I am currently thirsty and need to drink much more than on Atkins Nutritional Plan.
  • try to get back to the no weight loss situation I was in before the "Fat Fast" but with a sensible consumption of proteins rather than excess (in calorie terms)
  • won't be taking the scales on holiday but will pack a tape measure! With the hotel offering s buffet meals with plenty of protein options, excellent salads but lousy cooked vegetables (the Spanish don't know how to cook vegetables "al la dente"!!!), Will add lots of swimming into the exercise plan!
  • keep off the beer whilst on holiday and drink water instead
  • take some ketosis strips in the luggage and monitor the situation

Do you agree that the thing we can all agree on is that Dr Atkins gives you control of your body again. The fact that I can be happy on either Induction or Fat Free is proof of this control.

The fact that I have slipped out of ketosis and had no desire for the old junk or very high carbohydrate foods is also proof of this.

I'm looking forward to the future and will work hard to avoid returning to my old ways and my former seriously overweight body. I'll admit it now..... I WAS OBESE.