View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 20:05

Plan: Southbeach
Stats: 148/145/135 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default Questions: glycemic index and splenda treats

Hello -- just started and am on day 6 of Phase 1. I think this is a logical and sensible plan, but frankly, I find the book a little vague. For example, when I begin Phase 2 I understand that I can start eating fruits and other things that are low on the Glycemic INdex. What I don't understand is what "low" would be. The index is provided, but I have no frame of reference for where to draw the line. Suggestions? I'm also not sure what the point of counting out nuts is, since we are advised to eat them when we're hungry without much concern for calories, carbs, fats, etc. Finally, I see in some parts that yams and sweet potatoes are allowed in Phase 2, but I don't see them listed in the "allowed" and "not-allowed" sections.

Also, does anyone have any info on sweet treats that don't have aspartame in them? I would love to have a fudgcicle right now, but wish they had Splenda in them. I read somewhere else in here that someone has found some yogurts that are aspartame-free, and I'd love the names.

Thanks in advance!

Abby
Sponsored Links