View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 13:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 432/370/220 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default Advantage Bars

ok here is my deal on these things....I believe the 2 net carb thing is true...I ate probably 30-40 of these things thru the first month...staying at around 20-25 carbs a day...counting them as 2 carbs...did they hurt my induction...I dont think so...I lost 42lbs in the first month while eating them...stalled for about a week and a half (think my body was catching up) than this week lost another 5 lbs....
Now here is the bad part of them for me....Somewhere along the line I went from eating them as a meal replacement to eating them as a sweet treat replacement...I would eat a meal than within 30 min would have an advantage bar...even tho I wasnt realy hungry...the old have to have something sweet after a meal that has plauged me all my life....Are these bars bad for you on induction...Yes and No....I have been in Ketosis from day 3 and not kicked out of it and lost weight the whole time...so I believe the 2 net carb thing to be true...So if you need a sweet fix these are probably a better option than a lot of other things...The bad part is that you still keep the cravings for sweets...but on that I do have to state going into week 7 of this I find myself wanting these bars and sweets a whole lot less...I only have a few left and probably will not buy anymore for awhile and dont realy think I will miss them...So in my case they got me thru induction...slowed down the process of losing my cravings but in the long run the less of two evils...Big John