View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 13:07
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 198/162/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 62%

I think the biggest problem with the bars during induction (and I mean the first 2 weeks...not a continued induction program) is that those 2 weeks are designed to eliminate cravings. While it might not impact you physically...you should take the mental break from those foods too.

For instance...if someone is trying to quit smoking...they should avoid being near other smokers and will attempt to avoid thinking about it. Seeing someone smoke a cigarette (even when the smoke doesnt reach you)..can trigger a mental reminder to your body about what it's missing. Once you've established yourself and have officially quit...you can re-enter a bar scene or be around a smoker with the will to stick to your guns(Kinda a weird analogy...but you get what I'm saying)

Once you've gotten past the initial withdrawel stage for sugar products... it's not as dangerous for you to try the alternative products. You will have established to your body exactly who's in charge and an occassional low-carb treat shouldnt hinder your ability to follow the plan.

At least that's how I view it...it's simply to help you break the physical
AND emotional addictions to food that we all develop.