View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 06:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 265/222/170 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 45%

It's always so interesting to hear other peoples' experiences! Last year I had reached the end of my rope with Gall Bladder problems. When I went to the doctor for it I was shocked when I was weighed and weighed in at 239! I thought I was just hovering around 200. Ha! They also drew blood for cholesterol testing and while I was just borderline, my triglycerides were high. I then had my GB removed and initially lost about 15 lbs. after surgery. Well, almost a year went by and I wasn't weighing in, but I knew my clothes were tight on me. Even my turtlenecks this winter seemed tight around my neck and I knew I had to do something. But the clincher came when I stepped on the scale after Christmas and it read 242!. I just wanted to die. I knew I had to do something. I was ruining my health, just two years away from 40, and had a 3 year old daughter that I wanted to stick around for. I started researching diet plans knowing I had to do something I was going to be able to stick with. I didn't want to starve the weight off this time. That's how I lost my gall bladder -from low calorie dieting. I was paranoid. I was hearing so much about Atkins and found out that my uncle and cousin had done Atkins and were feeling great and had kept the weight off for 2+ years. I picked up the book and read it and thought "I will try this for the two week induction period and see what happens." What happened was I found the perfect WOE for me and have not looked back since.

Vicki B.