View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 06:09

Plan: Carb Cycling
Stats: 188/173/150 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 39%

What I have read so far is so inspiring!!! After being married to the "wrong" person for 9 years and having 3 children, my body was in sad shape. I was hovering at 190, threw my back out a couple of times (quite embarrasing to be stuck on the bathroom floor after simply bending to pick up a robe, then having to hold on to my ex's ankles and inch my way into the living room in horrible pain), but kept on eating. I ate very emotionally!

When our marriage ended, I lost 30 lbs from stress (never could sit still during that time) and hardly eating. I really was happy with the loss though and I looked better than I had in years. Promised myself Id never gain it back. We know how well starvation diets work !

Met my current DH, got very happy, started eating again, gained it all back! Struggled with my horrible appetite and lost everytime. A good friend bought DANDR and did not have time to read it. I told her I would and Id explain it to her. That was last August and Im so thankful to have read that book. I will never go back to my former way of eating. Ive had ups and downs, stalled out, and backtracked a few pounds here and there, but this is just like life, you learn as you go and try not to repeat your mistakes! Im so very thankful for learning how to eat and control my appetite, without starving.