View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 03:46
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 256/190/180 Male 69 inches
BF:yes
Progress: 87%

Well for me I was diagnosed as being Diabetic with high BP and obese (245lbs)

The doctor advised that I should quit smoking lose weight and put me on medication for hypertension, the diet she recommended was the diabetics diet that is advised by diabetes UK.

So I quit smoking (honest it was easy) ate the crap, BP went up so the medication was doubled and in 6 weeks I weighed 268lbs, not good,

As with all of us I have a computer, so I put this machine to work and spent a good week researching diets, what food does what and realised the evils of manufactures and their processed “food” how and why sugar is just as unhealthy as arsenic to some folk, then I discovered and obtained the Atkins plan, and the rest is history.

First month – 27lb second month – 28lb third month –10lb. Today I weigh 196lb that my friends is 70lb gone in 5 months or so, I have had my stalls and weight gains I’ve been fed up with counting carbs I don’t think I could eat another egg but and it’s a big BUT I will never go back to eating the crap recommended by the fools in government.

Lez

PS.
I’m off medication for high BP fasting glucose is 5.5 the extra weight I carry will come off in time and I still don’t smoke