View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 19:46

Plan: LC BFL
Stats: 279/155/135 Female 5'5
BF:39/24/<20
Progress: 86%

hi my name is crystal and im an emotional snacker hehe my situation is different than yours, but my reaction to stress, etc is the same. actually, im a snacker even on my good days. LCing has been great to me to combat this obsession actually. i still snack- all the time- atkins has so many great snacks

celery and peanut butter or cream cheeze
nuts & seeds- i prolly have 2-3 servings a day
pepperoni & cheeze
LC yogurt
sf jello
turkey & cheeze rollups
string cheeze
boiled egg whites
berries and melons
sf popsicles

theres tons more- but these are my regulars... the point is to make smart choices... for the price of 2 cookies in carbs, you could have one of everything on my list. i would love to be able to break this obsession entirely and eat like "normal" LCers and have 3 meals & 2-3 snacks a day, but that doesnt fit my warped lifestyle, so, because i feel hopeless to change my behavior, i adjust atkins to fit my behavior. i have like 1 real meal a day & like 7 or 8 "snacks". couple of boiled egg whites and a slice of cheeze are just as good a breakfast as a cheeze omlet.

the impulse eating can really be a problem sometimes when u cant be bothered with exerting any effort and u want gratification NOW, so, i make it simple on myself... on grocery day before the food even hits the cabinets, i cut up some celery sticks and put em in a ziplock, take all my nuts and put em into single serving baggies, cook up a dozen eggs, etc. then i have good impulse snacks on hand all the time.

fitday is a good tool to use. b4 i eat any snack, i take the 2 seconds it takes to fitday it 1st to make myself stop and think about what im going to eat- to see where i stand for carbs for the day- like maybe i wanted yougurt, but when i go to put it in fitday, i realize i'd be better off having a no carb serving of jello versus a 3 carb serving of yogurt- and the jello satisfies my sweet tooth just as well as the yogurt would of.

i still lose weight, but i also exercize- u didnt mention if u do or not...

the point of my rambling is i dont know if its possible to break an obsession like this... were u always like this or is it recent? i do certainly believe its worse out of boredum- like if im busy at work, i have food left over to bring home... if im bored, i wish i had brought more- even tho i bring pretty much the same amount everyday.

anyways, sorry i rambled too, but it got the wheels turnin. sorry. best of luck to you!