View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 17:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

I appreciate these kinds of threads because I believe there is a "hitting the bottom of the barrell" incident that happens to everyone before they really get serious once and for all. Sometimes it is an actual incident and sometimes it is a psychological/emotional "break".

I remember my wake up call perfectly. For business I had to fly from Orlando to Seattle then come home and fly from Orlando to Colorado Springs the next week. I hadn't flown in several years.

I had to ask for a seat belt extender! I was so embarressed that I stole the extender from my first flight and put it into my purse when the stewardess wasn't looking so I could avoid asking again. I was stealing pure and simple.

Not only did I need the seat belt extender, but I was terribly uncomfortable from being crammed in the seat. One flight was especially rough and I was in physical pain the last couple of hours.

And the worst part - a woman and her daughter were seated next to me and she looked at me while pointing to some empty seats and said "perhaps you would be more comfortable up there, my daughter is claustraphobic".

I started Atkins for the second time soon after that! I have to fly again in July and I think I will be okay .

Orchid