View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 15:18

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 178/147/140 Female 5'2"
BF:Haven't/a/Clue
Progress: 82%

I was tired of TOM getting tougher and tougher to endure, due to the cramps. If I didn't become useless because of the cramps; I became useless because of the drugs to combat them.

I was tired of sounding like a saw mill every night. It was no longer funny to keep my husband awake, and I wasn't getting very good sleep, either.

I was tired of feeling like a sausage being stuffed into my clothing - although I hadn't noticed it as much until just around the same time as I started LC.

Finally, I moaned a bit to my chiropractor about the cramps (actually, again - because it seemed like my appointments often coincided with that time), and he said to try cutting back on the carbs.

Well, I figured it certainly couldn't hurt. Couldn't be worse than what I was currently enduring.

I cannot believe the health changes. So, although originally I hadn't noticed the way the weight had sneaked up on me (I didn't have a scale), I certainly noticed when my clothes started fitting better.

My husband noticed that I wasn't snoring.
I noticed and appreciated an absence of the horrid cramps.
I noticed better sleeping patterns, and more energy.

So, now, I'm committed to this for life - because I never what to go through that agony again.