View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 15:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 297.5/272.5/210 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default What was the event that made YOU start this WOL?

Hello friends,

I just wanted to share with you all what actually triggered me to seriously start this WOL. I did Atkins before, but was never really serious about it. But one day...

I was at my girlfriend's house just hanging out as we usually do. I went to go use the restroom, and just for kicks wanted to see how much I weighed. I stepped on their scale and 4 seconds later it read 297.5. I almost started to cry. There were many things going through my head at that time as one could imagine. For one, it was only a few months after graduating high school and I magically put 35+ pounds on after football season. I remembered we had to weigh in and out each day after 2-a-days, and I remember being in the low 260s (still a big guy -- but hey, I was a football player!).

The other biggest thing on my mind is just how close to 300 I really was. Maybe a week or so? 2 if I was lucky? I didn't wanna go to the doctor's office and him tell me I was 300 pounds. I didn't wanna move up another century mark in my weight. I knew I had to do something.

My girlfriend (God bless her for how supportive and beautiful she really is) noticed that something was wrong. All I told her was that I weighed myself and it's the highest it's ever been. To this day, I still don't tell her how much I weigh -- but I will be able to someday!

But that was it. I had to do something. I want to look good on my wedding day. I want to able to play with my future kids. Who doesn't?

Since then I am glad to say that this WOL truly is a life saver. I am so happy with the way I feel, look, and eat. I know all of the hard work is worth it when my friends and old co-workers notice. That makes me feel the best!

What made you all start this WOL?

Good luck to all!

Todd
Sponsored Links