Thread: Radio coverage?
View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Dec-04-01, 19:00

Plan: My own (based on a compil
Stats: 333/260/224 Male 73 ins
BF:
Progress: 67%

Hi Folks, and thanks for your continued support on this. A quick "Hello and Welcome" also, to those new members of the forum I haven't met before. I spoke to my brother about this on the phone today. He is the one who listens to the Steve Wright show, and contacts me when there is something on it he thinks I ought not to miss. It is my brother's view that the BBC, or Steve Wright, could take the view that in a roundabout way they are being fair. This is because Steve Wright interviewed David Baddiel on the show recently, a man who was supporting the Atkins diet through his praise and personal account describing his own good results . Also, and maybe because of David Baddiel, Steve Wright was asking Rosemary Conley about the effect of carbohydrates, and apparently did try to get this point across, but was shot down by Rosemary Conley and apparently did not feel well enough informed to argue with her about it. So it does look as if Steve Wright himself was trying to be balanced and impartial, but the situation was exploited by Rosemary Conley. However, I still feel that if she was given 5 minutes to talk about her diets, books, videos, etc., we deserve 5 minutes of airtime to talk about low-carb diets in order to balance things out. Advertisers pay a fortune for a 30-second national advert, and 5 minutes amounts to massive promotion slot for free. I take seriosly the comments made by Ezandreth and Mummybear about how this woman's pronouncements continually set us back, and think it's time we responded. Amazing that she gets airtime in Saudi Arabia as well!

Andy