#2   ^
Old Tue, Dec-04-01, 17:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 73/58/57
BF:
Progress: 94%
Smile Strictly Theoretical

Hi Madilah

I stopped fasting several years ago because I was such a carb-addict that I felt I could not fast. However my experience was that I never ever lost weight during Ramadhan - in fact if anything I would put on a few pounds. I put this down to too much food just before bedtime.

This year I have been toying with the idea but to be honest I have not done it so whatever I say here is purely theoretical.

The principle of fasting as I understand it is to turn thoughts, words and actions away from the mundane to slightly more spiritual matters with discipline and faith and the process helps to detoxify, to break free of addictions and self-indulgence patterns and strengthen both physically and spiritually.

I would not try to pack what I would eat normally into a night-time of feasting but eat two good meals or perhaps two meals and a snack if I could manage it. Anything else would put an enormous strain on my digestive and elimination systems.

I would however make sure that I drank my normal liquid intake. I am not sure if this will help you at all but it's my input.

Take Care.
Allah Hafiz