View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 02:00
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 280/118/117.5 Female 5ft 5.25 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

I am *so* sick of the *lie* that one should cut out fat to lower calories.The MAJORITY of extra empty calories in our diets are from REFINED CARBOHYDRATE - simple sugars (HFCS sweetened drinks/juices), and starches (pasta, white bread, crackers, rice).

If the government wised up and started telling people the truth, that their servings of pasta, rice, bread, soda, juices, candy, and junk food in general are all *way* too big, then they actually might make some real improvements in the fight against obesity.

But no. Instead we are told to trim off the spate of fat off our meats (very little calories), and to use low fat dairy (again, very little calorie savings). As if people are all sitting around in front of their tvs with a steak and a hunk of cheese! Ha!

I don't understand the love affair our government has with starch & simple sugar. They'll blame anything and everything for for obesity, but god forbid someone suggests that eating a lot of bread pasta and fructose is not necessarily a really good idea. For some reason they refuse to reconcile with the fact that these foods are bloated with calories, devoid of nutrition, and hunger spiking. It probably comes down to money. The government does subsidize the corn/grain industry after all.