Old Fri, May-28-04, 00:42
PuertoRican Princess

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindySue48
"I think I was a great parent, but overall, kids do better in two-parent homes. "

Mine were almost 2 and 5 months when my marraige broke up. I was going to comment on the previous post about single parents, but others did well enough on that. I had to comment on this.

Mine are now 19 and 22. With few exceptions, their friends are from two parent households. And let me tell you....these kids are messed up! Some of them dangerously so!

It's not the number of parents, it's not the race, religion, gender, etc of the parents that matters, it's the quality of the parenting.

I've held my breath for a long time, and they're still not completely grown, but I am very proud of the way they're turning out. And I cannot believe they would have been better off with their father living here! He's an alcoholic gambler who only thinks of his family as an after-thought.

Sorry, again, maybe I'm an exception, but I don't think so.

Great parenting Mom. Good for you for raising great kids.

Let me tell you, statistics may show that kids do better in a two parent home but that is not always the case. Just cause a child(ren) grow up with one parent or two doesn't mean they will turn out bad or good for that matter. It's how they are brought up, what values they are taught and whether or not they were shown love, affection, and support. My Mom was a single Mom for a long time, and damn it I turned out good.