View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 17:37

Plan: Undecided atm
Stats: 162/000/115 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 345%

You are pretty high on your carbs. If you are okay with that many carbs have you thought about doing SBD. There tends to be a little more flexability when it comes to the breads, grains, fruit and such. You are welcome to peak at my journal. I write down what I eat daily. I am not a fan of eggs but that I can't help, I just don't love the taste of them like some people do. For breakfast you can make your eggs go a little farther by adding a bit of veggies. I know you can get huge packages of chopped spinach, broccoli and stuff like that that are very inexpensive. You can make small quiches in a muffin tin or make a large one (crustless) that you can eat through the week. There are many other cheap low carb veggies you could add for variety as well cucumbers, celery, zuchini, yellow squash and if you can find asparagus or broccoli on sale are all good choices. Carrots are a little high on the GI so I would try to replace them in part at least with some green veggies. Eat lots of salads, they are cheap. Feta isn't a cheap cheese but it is sooo flavorful that a little bit goes a long way for flavor. Cottage cheese with nuts and cantaloupe makes a really healthy, cheap, yummy snack or breakfast. www.fitday.com is a great way to track your carbs/calories/protein/fiber and such. You should get a free account there and plug in what you eat just to check and see how you are doing. I always use it to see how close I am to reaching my daily vitamins through food. Best of luck to you!

Jenn