#9   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 14:07

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey_
You guys are great! I scanned the internet and the Schwarzbein and South Beach sound quite similar. No carbs for a few weeks, then bring them back in under a controlled situation.

I'm not sure where you found your information, but neither of those plans is no carbs for a few weeks. The first 2 weeks of South Beach is very similar to Atkins Induction (20 grams of carb per day), but Schwarbein starts right off at between 45 and 60 grams of carb per day (very much like Atkins For Life maintainence levels which might be another plan you'd be interested in checking out).
Being male works in your favor here in that it will likely be much easier for you to lose weight than the average female of your age (no hormone issues going on, higher proportion of lean muscle mass, etc...) and you'll likely lose quicker too as well as at higher levels of carb intake.
If you're going to eat "unlimited" fruits and veggies, I'd suggest that you keep them to those in the lower half of the glycemic index and note that corn and peas are not veggies.