Thread: Espresso
View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 13:40

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 233/209.0/160 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%

Whoa! Wait a sec...did you say iced Latte with heavy cream? If you mean that you have them substitute heavy cream for the milk, you are drinking a LOT of calories, and a LOT of carbs, perhaps unaware that you are doing so (I thought heavy cream was safe in large amounts at first too). A grande iced latte is a 16 ounce drink. If we subtract 2 ounces for the espresso and maybe another 4 ounces for the ice, we are left with TEN OUNCES of heavy whipping cream (Atkins allows, I believe, 2 oz. per day). By my trusty FitDay calculations, that's...8 carbs and 1027 calories in one drink! It's fine to do that once in a while, but you might want to keep it in mind when counting your total carb/calorie intake. I know people say calories don't count, but you will find more and more people on this site who swear they do. For me, if I eat over about 1700 calories, I start to gain. Plus, that's a heck of a lot of cholesterol too. You're losing well, though, so maybe it works for you. Ooh, I hope I don't sound like some of those folks on here who go "tsk tsk" when I write that I ate a tortilla chip! I'm not being judgmental at all...Just thought I'd share in case others reading this thread think (as I did) that whipping cream is a "freebie" food. Take care!