Registered Member

Plan: South Beach/Atkins
Stats: 209/179.5/140 Female 5'8"
BF:I am afraid to ask
Progress: 43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pd Rydia
Tiff:

I don't mean to pry, but what are you taking Lexapro for? If it's depression, you'll likely need to stay on it, but on the offchance it's bipolar, ask your doctor to look into a medicine called Topomax. Topomax is actually an antiseizure medicine, but it's been found to be effective for the depression side of bipolar. I tell you, it's worked WONDERS for me, within the span of two or three weeks. The doctor finally was able to wean me off my own Lexapro because the Topomax just did everything the Lexapro did and then some (minus the side effects).

I am taking it for depression, since I have gone back on it I haven't had anymore episodes... but I have fallen off the Low Carb wagon with a resounding boom! I am going to wait until after the holiday before starting again... but on the other hand, my grandmother who i hadn't seen in like 2 years came to TN and she couldn't believe how great I looked and I was telling her all about low carb and how much healthier it made me feel and how i was never hungry and it was awesome... she is going to try it for a couple months... She is a bit leery of LC WOE it because she was raised in China and eats rice with everything!

Thanks again to everyone who has offered me advice and support!

~Tiffany