View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 06:50
O2B PB Free!

Plan: LC
Stats: 242/229/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 13%

I joined Weight Watchers once, and at the first meeting the speaker opened with, "I lost 25 pounds 10 years ago and have kept it off! You can lose too!" 25 pounds?! Please! I wanted someone up there who had lost 100 pounds so I could know it was possible for me as well.

I related this to my sister. Later she joined WW and lost about the same amount; they came to her and asked her to be a meeting leader or whatever they call them. She declined, and when they asked why, she told them her sister would kill her!

So I do know what you mean, and I agree with you. I also have a friend who had WLS two years ago; she admitted she lied in the psych exam, "told them what they wanted to hear". She didn't have any major health issues, even though she probably would have had in 10 years; she thought losing weight would help her marriage. Sadly it has not. But one night we were talking, and she said she was going to eat a chocolate eclair! I said I didn't think that was on her list of foods after the surgery, and she said, "Oh, I'll bring it back up in 20 minutes, so it won't stay on me." So she went from WLS to binging. Beautiful. (Not.)