View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 06:04

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Thumbs up ~~LC Picnic - Saturday 10th July - St James Park~~

At our last London low carb get together we agreed that our next event would be a picnic on Saturday 10th July in St James Park.

This would be open to all to come and go as they pleased. We would meet from 12 noon onwards and, weather permitting will probably stay around till 5 or 6 pm. I am looking to add a map to this post to try to give a point to where would be a good place to meet - not far from the toilets and I think a cafe, in case we want hot drinks. See below.

An opportunity to bring your children as well, so no baby sitting worries. Please indicate your general interest below. If it is wet we aim to meet in the new cafe.

Here is a link to the St James's Park website. You can see that there is a small map which you can enlarge by clicking the link. I suggest we meet near the Inn the Park, the new cafe, but nearer the lake, using the road in from Horse Guards Avenue.

There is a brass band playing on that day and of course you could come to see the changing of the guard at 11 am in Horse Guards Parade and 11 30 am at Buckingham Palace. Westminster and Charing Cross are the nearest tubes, but you could also walk from Victoria. A bus to Whitehall would get you even nearer.

I look forward to seeing old friends again and meeting some new members of this forum.

Here is a link to the earlier thread, with photo.
Sponsored Links