View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 01:51

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/177/160 Male 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 43%

Firstly binki I thank you for your thought provoking signature and I only went into purple once or twice during the initial few months of following the Atkins plan.

To get out of a stall I'm now following the "Fat Fast" and losing weight again. The indicators are now purple and I'm thirsty and drinking lots of water.

For the first time I have "ketosis" breath. (Pause whilst I pop down for another glass of water!)

I've just gone through my figures again and reckon it would easily be possible to underachieve on the goal target of 20 gms per day carbs on the Atkin's Induction Diet relying on lettuce and spinach as the main sources.

Each 1000 gm pack of frozen spinach is stated to contain 13 servings. That makes each serving about 30 gms.

Each frozen portion block is about 50 gms and I was having about six for one meal. On the basis of the above tables from Tesco that would provide 9.0 gms of carbohydrate.

That would be an enormous amount of fresh spinach - perhaps someone could calculate the weight and cost. In the UK fresh spinach is outrageously expensive in comparison with this frozen source.

Seems to make nonsense of the cup measures used in so many calorie counters.