Old Wed, May-26-04, 16:46
Northern Mike

Plan: This time? LOL..
Stats: 251/228/190 Male 73 inches
BF:Weight in journal
Progress: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona B
Help !! I've been trying to do Atkins off and on for a year. I have lost 16 lbs. but keep getting in trouble. I've read the Atkins book, I keep a food journal, I exercise at least 4 times a week for the last couple of months. Many of my friends are doing Atkins so I'm constantly being told do try this or that. I'm 50 and going in peri menopause so weight comes off slow but I'm so frustrated. My Atkins book says one thing and know everyone is saying that you can eat low carb breads low carb desserts, etc. Will someone please tell me what to do to make things work for me. My husband is going to go through Induction with me to help so I want to do this right this time. I have 50 lbs to lose so any and all advice will be greatly appreciated.

Ok...so you have the book....follow it strictly for the first few weeks. READ THE LABELS...don't believe ANY "net carb" promises. Make carbs be the carbs on hte nutrition label - fiber period..end of story. Sooooo...many people (including me) get stalled by sugar alcohols.

Use fitday.com to get a better assessment of your daily carbs. It's free....and if you use it, there are a lot of smart people here that will be able to help you out a LOT more.

Below is a thread I created for newbies...you're not new, but it sounds like you're starting anew.....hope it helps.

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=175492

GL...