View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 14:07

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Listening to the advertisers -- and dutifully counting carbs -- is no way to diet

Ummm...counting calories and fat grams and being hungry most of the time didn't work too well for me, either. Gotta agree regarding listening to the advertisers, though; most of them don't have a clue about low carb anyway.

Quote:
We need to take a lesson from Callie: Trust our tastes and instincts. Then we can turn our shopping list over to a higher power.

I don't know about this guy, but when I was trusting "my tastes and instincts", a lot of the stuff I bought was bad for me (face it, the bad-for-you stuff often tastes pretty darn good!).
Here's a novel idea, though; do a little research on what's in the foods you most commonly buy and what those ingredients can do to people. If that doesn't make you lose your appetite, nothing will!
Turn my shopping list over to a higher power? You mean like....my carb addiction? I do believe in God, but in my 42 years of living, He's never given me a shopping list...I kinda think he gave me a functioning brain for that task.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but I always thought that satires were supposed to be...ummmm...funny?