Old Wed, May-26-04, 13:22
Doctor Dirt

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 218.2/195.0/145 Female 5'9"
BF:43.6%/31.0%/22.0%
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraulde
As someone who would blow their knees out if she tried to run but desperately wants to, I have a couple of questions for you runners: 1. How much should I lose before attempting to run? 2. How to I work up to running from walking? 3. For the...um...well endowed woman, how do you strap em down without uni-boob?

Hi Emeraulde,

I started running every morning with my dogs about 6 weeks ago. As you can see from my sig, I am in a huge stall weight-wise, but I have lost more than a whole dress size in inches. I actually have muscle definition in my legs now!! Go for it, you can do it!!

I think that the "mistake" a lot of people make is to start running at too fast a pace. Map yourself out a route, then go out and JOG it very slowly. The idea is to get your heart rate up to a certain level but not have it RACING so you get tired and have to stop. So while you jog, constantly remind yourself to slow down. I don't actually run, it's more like a slow shuffle but I can go for more than 5 miles now without stopping.

As for the bra thing -- there is a thread on this right now in the "Everything else" section. What I have found is that NO bra does the trick. I wear two bras when I run -- this sounds silly but it REALLY works. Two champion jogging bras and my boobs don't move an inch!!

Best of luck!
Jeannie