View Single Post
  #87   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 10:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 290/203/210 Male 6' 3"
BF:40%/20%/17%
Progress: 109%

What I think is really entertaining is that Rockerchick still eats fish. Does she suppose that being pulled up from the depths of the ocean and having your eyes pop out due to the pressure change or slowing gasping to try and breath oxygen is in any way even remotely humane. I'm not even going to get started on fish farms. Just because they're not cute and fluffy does that mean that you don't object to eating them? Go out on a fishing trawler some time and watch as they gut and cut off the fishes heads while they're still breathing.

One of the sickest things I've seen PETA do was in Vancouver where they had a serial killer. This killer solicited prostitues and when he was done with them, fed them to his pigs. PETA put up billboard equating his victims to the pigs. How do you think this made family members feel? How would you feel if one of your loved ones had been raped, savagely killed and was equated to the level a pig? Some organization you've got there.

I'm all in favor of treating animals in an ethical manner. Some of the mass farming systems being introduced are having several effects on not just the animals, but the environment and the lives of people trying to survive in running a family farm. If PETA was actually only interested in that I would probably support them, but their underlying agenda will always make them unacceptable to the masses and traumatizing kids is not going to change that.