View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 10:10

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Hi ArizonaB!

I know that all those low carb treats and such are tempting, but if you are already having trouble losing weight, adding in a lot (or in some cases, even a little) of those low carb replacement foods (also referred to around here has "Frankenfoods") is most likely going to make things worse instead of better. For your husband, my opinion is that he should avoid all those types of things for at least the induction period and then maybe cautiously experiment with them in the ongoing weight loss phase. Most of those things, like the desserts and candy, should only be an occasional treat not a daily part of your low carb menu regardless of what the manufacturers want you to believe.
Slow weight loss is certainly frustrating (It's taken me 3 years to lose 70 pounds) but for me it's certainly better than the alternative. I believe that if I hadn't started low carbing, I'd probably be pushing 300 lbs. today instead of 70 pounds lighter even if I'm not even close to my goal yet.
Have you had a look through our "Turtles" forum? It might be of some comfort to know that you are not alone in slow weight loss and you might be able to get some tips and ideas from others who are struggling with the same thing you are. Here's a link to that forum: http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=90

PS..I split your post from the original thread you posted in so it wouldn't get lost there.