Old Wed, May-26-04, 10:01
Registered Member

Plan: SPII IS/BOAG
Stats: 186/136/140 Female 5' 5"
BF:A lot/18%/20%
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Built
Nothing wrong with your manners! You shared a favourite recipe! You've made it so many times, it makes itself, I'm sure LOL!

I make cheesecake myself. That's why I knew about the eggs. My rule of thumb is 1 egg, and 1/4 to 1/3 cup sugar-equivalent per package of creamcheese. Oh, and 1/3 cup sour cream per package of creamcheese makes the texture AMAZING.

When you can afford the carbs, make a crust out of crushed nuts with splenda and melted unsalted butter, same proportions as a graham cracker crust.

Oh - I've said too much...

Add a little cinnamon -- say, 1/2 tsp -- and it makes it even more like a graham-cracker crust! My own recipe is 1 1/2 c sliced almonds (measured sliced, then ground in the food processor), 1 1/2 tbsp vanilla DaVinci, 3 tbsp butter, and 1/2 tsp cinnamon. I use 1/4c sour cream per pkg of cream cheese, but other than that, you're right on the money. Of course, the other keys to good cheesecake are not overbeating and not overbaking, but those are things you kind of have to learn through practice!