Old Wed, May-26-04, 01:51
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 220/179/175 Male 5'11
BF:
Progress: 91%
Question Strange Calf pain

Hi everyone,
When i am running/jogging/sprinting for any longer than 5 minutes i start feeling a dull pain in my lower calfs/ankles....im not sure what might be causing this, i dont think it is a muscle spasm because (muscle locks up) i have had those in my calf before and it seems to be totally different...with this pain i can keep running and "sometimes" the pain seems to go away...other times it gets worse to the point i have to stop...when i do stop my calf and just above my ankle at the back ache for about 5 to 10 minutes before all the pain goes away with no noticeable swelling or lasting effects...... I have read various places and am confused as to what might be causing this...the best answer i could come up with is intermittent claudication or tendenitis...but i am not sure which if it is one of the 2....I usually stretch anywhere from 5-10 minutes before (calf streching) but it does not seem to help with anything other than muscle cramps....any ideas?

also i have been running/sprinting about 3 times a week for about 10 minutes (Ususally on the treadmill 2 minutes sprinting at high speed and 1 minute rest...to condition for soccer) and playing soccer at least once a week for the past 2 months with no change....
Sponsored Links