View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 17:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 229/205/170 Female 5'6"
BF:I have Body Fat!??
Progress: 41%

Quote:
One thing I have noticed though is it seems older guys have girls while younger ones seem to have boys.

That's interesting! I knew a couple, the fellow was in his 50s, and his second wife in her late 30s. In his first marriage he had 5 sons. In the second marriage, they had 4 daughters.

I came from a family that seemed to produce mostly one or the other (and everyone in my family are big meat eaters). My paternal grandmother had 5 boys and 2 girls. Two of her sons married and had children: my parents, 5 girls and 1 boy; my dad's brother 4 girls and 2 boys. I've had 4 girls and 1 boy, one sister 2 girls and 1 boy, and another sister had 1 girl. I was 25, 26, 29, 36 and 38 when my children were born, with the boy being last. My hubby's 9 months older than I am.

I knew a woman who had four daughters and she said her doctor told her that while the male determines the sex of the child (the chromosome thingy mentioned above) it was very possible for the woman to be the final deciding factor because of her body pH. I don't recall which he said was which, but one end of the pH spectrum tended to kill off one sex of the sperm cells.