View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 17:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 229/205/170 Female 5'6"
BF:I have Body Fat!??
Progress: 41%
Default Cleaning out the closet, Cleaning out the closet, do-wa-do

For some months I was having the roughest time, both physically and mentally. I'd come down with a flu bug in January that laid me flat, then had a side effect that left me feeling just absolutely crappy for a few months afterward (this happens to me sometimes). During that time I didn't have the wherewithal to give two hoots about keeping track of my food or how much I was eating, but was just stubborn enough to keep eating low carb (after all, food has never tasted better, and I LOVE food!).

Anyway, a few weeks ago I decided it was time to get with the program and make myself accountable to see if I could get the scales to start moving again. Well, as goes with life we also decided to take a vacation, and while I figured I could LC just fine, again I knew I wouldn't be able to track my food, so was figuring getting really serious would have to wait until we got back home.

During the time before we left, I had worked hard trying to get the scales to look upon me favorably, and it finally seemed to be working and I managed to get down to 208. For a couple of weeks there I kept bouncing between 209 and 214, so 208 was a huge relief! Then we set upon our journey.

When we got home, I weighed the next morning, and sure enough the scales were up--around 210, maybe 210.5. I wasn't too discouraged because for two days before that the only foods I had eaten were fast foods and snacks in the car, and we were doing heavy driving for those two days with only about a 20-minute swim and a short walk in all that time. So I decided I needed to give my body a couple of days to settle down.

Then yesterday morning, I got up and weighed 207.5! That's a long-time low for me--in fact, I don't remember the last time I weighed that--probably somewhere between my third and fourth childrens' births. Somewhere during that time my old scales gave up the ghost and I pitched them and didn't bother buying new ones.

Of course, by now you're probably wondering what on eartht his all has to do with the title, 'Cleaning out the closet', and honestly I'm getting to that, LOL. Funny thing is, this morning I suddenly realized the clothes I bought just before Christmas, that fit me really, really well then are all too big! Now granted, I didn't buy many clothes because I didn't want to spend a lot on clothes to shrink out of, but in addition to the ones I'm wearing now that are too big, my entire closet is full of clothes that are even bigger! I am going to be SOOOOOOOOO happy to clean out that closet!

And on another note, I'd also like to tell everyone who's going through a hard time, either physically, emotionally or what have you--don't let it sway you from this way of eating. Stick with it, and even if you aren't losing, you're still working on being a healthier you. I've spent a good part of my life the past five years with some health problems. They still crop up (hence, the after-flu thing), but one thing I notice for sure is that when I'm feeling better, I am feeling so much better that it's almost unreal!
Sponsored Links