View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 14:13

Plan: IR
Stats: 297/267/150 Female 66"
BF:Goin' Down!
Progress: 20%
Default Am I being stupid with my thinking?

OK...honestly, this is what's going on.

I have been following the Insulin Resistance Diet principles. Eat protein with carbs and I've been limiting my carbs to 15-20 per meal and my daily allowance is ~ 50-60 a day. My weight loss averages ~ 5 lbs a month.

A friend of mine started using Herbalife protein shakes so I signed up with her. I drink a shake for b-fast and lunch. Carbs = 10 and Protein = ~30 per shake. I mix it with soy milk and am honestly not hungry until ~ 3:00 pm. Then I have a protein snack and eat a balanced dinner (15-20c).

The first week on it, I lost 3 lbs and 8 3/4 inches. I feel good and the shakes seem to be keeping me full.....my biggest tempation is eating something I shouldn't and knowing that I only have this shake at 2 meals seems to be a good rule for me.

I don't want to be building any bad habits...I'm only in my second week. I thought I would give it a month and compare it to my LC/IR diet and see how my weight loss compares. I don't want to have to spend any extra $ if I don't need too. Know what I mean.

I'm not taking any pills w/ it so I think its perfectly safe. Sometimes I just wonder if I'm taking the right path here. *sigh* Thanks for letting me ramble. Any thoughts on my madness?
Sponsored Links