View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 12:37

Plan: No Starch/High booze diet
Stats: 235/183/180 Male 71 inches
BF:Bah not sure..
Progress: 95%

Ann Marie, OK if you feel the dreaded "Ebola" virus sinking in I suggest BACON!! Bacon is the cure-all and right close to that is any form of alcohol. However as you are on Induction... that whole alcohol/drunk thing simply wont do.

Any form of chicken broth (store bought or home made) would really help. You can actually buy that sodium reduced carton of beef or chicken broth from any Lablows or Loeb and melt some cheese in there (read: lots of cheese). Then I add bacon (always bacon), cauliflower or broccoli and pieces of chicken. Then whatever veggies you want (green onions and fresh mushrooms) and boil it for a while. Again most of this stuff wont get you anywhere near 20 gr of carbs. The secret is then to drop half a lb. of black pepper in there. The key is to then start crying and sweating when you are downing the soup. It just truly sweats it all out of you... I have really grown attached to my pepper mill -- brings me comfort and joy.

Anything that is warm, steamy and thick will help out. Also drown yourself in vitamins and supplements to help out. Grab some peppermint oil and add a few drops of that to some hot steaming water and throw a towel over your head and breathe it in.. helps out if you get all stuffed up like I do plus gives you a wicked bed-head look when the towel comes off. Damnit flu season! I blame all the mutants at work that keep exposing me to all this bacteria!