Old Tue, May-25-04, 09:21
Registered Member

Plan: Aaisier Zuccarum Plan
Stats: // Female 52
BF:
Progress: 34%

Quote:
Originally Posted by serrelind
I think we all go through periods of cyclical hunger or lack of. It is perfectly normal not to feel hungry sometime. Listen to your body. If it doesn't want food, don't force feed it. I guess I am in the minority when it comes to this issue, but I usually trust what my body is saying. I think eating when you're not hungry or have no appetite it is like abusing your body. Right now I'm going through a period of no hunger/appetite as well and that's fine with me. I doubt I'd go into starvation mode any time soon. I personally think the words "starvation mode" is thrown around way too easily on this board. My view on this used to be different, but after researching on the topic of "fasting" I realized wow.. I had no idea fasting was actually good for the body sometimes. Never again will I tell a sick person (who usually has no appetite/hunger) that they should eat. I'm not saying that you're sick. Only that you need to listen to your body.

Just my 2 cents.

Serre

Tried it that way and stalled, hence my change in how I approach it. Force feeding isn't what I suggest nor is it what Dr. Atkins suggested. DANDR says no more than 6 hours between eating, to at least have a small protein snack. This morning I was not hungry. I warmed up a leftover hotdog from grillin last night, took my supplements and if I'm not hungry 6 hours from now, then I'll do it again.
Obviously, one of the incredible, desirable changes ketosis provides is decrease in appetite. I view it as the blessing it is. I do however, want my body to contintue having fuel, even when it isn't quite throwing me big signals that it needs it. I suppose you could compare it to the water consumption. How many times have any of us, drank down water throughout the day, whether we felt THIRSTY or not, because we knew it was best?