View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 06:08

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/152/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 110%

Taking into account everyone's comments here, plus my own observations, here is my revised version of the ICC, and this one has definitely got the vote of approval from my family

Incredible Chocolate Cake (revised)

Serves 12
For carb count, see below

9 oz /250g butter
6 tbsp Splenda
4 large eggs
2 tsp instant espresso coffee powder
1 tsp cocoa powder
3 tbsp boiling water
9 oz /200g ground almonds
4 oz /100g chocolate whey protein
2 heaped tsp baking powder
5 oz /150g coarsely ground walnuts
9 oz /250g coarsely chopped fine dark chocolate

Dissolve the espresso coffee powder and the cocoa powder together in the 3tbsp of boiling water, and then set to one side.

Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas 4, and then line a 9”/23 cm spring form cake tin with greaseproof paper and butter lightly.

Beat together the butter and the Splenda, and then add the eggs one at a time. Stir in the coffee and cocoa mixture, and then mix in the ground almonds, whey protein and baking powder. Finally, fold in the walnuts and then the chocolate – kept some of the chocolate back for the top of the cake. The mixture should be quite firm.

Put the mixture into the cake tin, and gently smooth the top. Scatter the remaining chocolate over the top.

Bake in the oven for 1 hour, or until cake is cooked – leave for ½ hour before cutting.

Using Lindt 85% Fine Dark Chocolate, the carb count for the whole cake is 60g, and 5g per slice. Using Sweet ‘n Low Plain Chocolate (or equivalent like Ross's low carb chocolate), the carb count for the whole cake is 40g, and 3.5g per slice.