View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 02:56

Plan: Paleo-Neander
Stats: 178/173/125 Female 5.6 in.
BF:
Progress: 9%
Question Metabolic Resistant, Meat Fast, Fat Fast plus Pig out Day once a Week…

I have been doing a lot of reading on “starvation mode” and how to boost your metabolism, mainly from people on LC and athletes

The way for them to “know” they are not in “starvation mode” if by finding their own daily personal caloric energy expended (all of us are so different, how much activity, how much muscle we have, how much exercise we do a day plus the energy your body usually needs just to survive at your own age and weight) finding that “personalize number” you go and rest only 500 calories from it, that will be the “perfect lowest” number of calories you should eat a day so you wont be on “starvation mode”. Only 500 calories under that number…

In other words “starvation mode” is subjective, if you spend 3000 calories a day, then with eating 2500 calories a day you won’t be under “starvation”, but if your daily caloric number is 1800, then the lowest you can go is 1300 calories so you won’t be on “starvation mode”. (this is just for people that are trying to accelerate the process of losing weight when the normal LC diet is not working, how to find the lowest total calorie you can eat without jeopardizing your metabolic rhythm, your body muscle and health.)

Then you enroll in a weekly meat-fat fast, this means that once a week they only eat meat or fats, I still can't understand the difference very well but they also make sure one day a week they over eat some 500 calories..

This will look something like this :

Find your lowest calorie intake, i.e. 1400 calories, with comfortable Low NetCarb.

1. Mon.............1400 calories............25g Net Carbs

2. Tue..............1400 calories............25g. net carbs

3. Wed.............meat fast..................(only meat = 0 carbs)

4. Thu..............fat fast.....................(80% to 90% fats = fast boost)

5. Fri.............1400 calories..............25g Net carbs.

6. Sat............2000 calories..……....(boost calories, pig out day)

7. Sun............1400 calories............25g. Net carbs.

I wonder if someone here do a week fast as a rule? Or add more calories once a week to keep your body from being always on the same amount of calories? And well I have never done a meat fast, does it work? That will mean one day with 0 carbs right?

Any comments?
Sponsored Links