View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 16:07
Former Couch Potato

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 209/195.5/165 Female 5' 8"
BF:Oh yeah!
Progress: 31%

I agree that if you're so fatigued you should look at upping your carbs.

I find now that to achieve the intensity of exercise I need to get fit and really lose body fat, I do need some carbs before working out intensely.

I won't do this for a moderate 30 min cycle in the city, for example. But if I lift weights, or am going to do a tough afternoon of cross country bike riding, I find I need something.

Remember, if you're in ketosis, you are always burning fat. So that's not as much of a priority to me. Now I'm trying to build muscle (which will help me get the BF down), and for that I need to have fuel. I've been experimenting with 20-40 g of carbs prior to a tough workout.

I find I'm getting much better performance. Sure my calories burned is a bit less because I first have to burn up those carbs I ate, but I'm able to work a lot harder, so my fitness level is improving more quickly.

I think BF is far more key than weight at this point. Losing another 10 lbs I don't think would make me look that much better. I might be smaller, but I'd still be jiggly and soft.

Getting my BF down from it's current 28-29% to even 22% is going to have a much bigger impact on how I look, in my opinion.