View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 07:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/154/155 Male 71
BF:18%+/14%/12%
Progress: 103%

Matt, thank you for the link! I searched unsuccessfully last week for an online source to liquid Splenda. I just ordered a 2 oz. portion.

Everything in moderation, right? I do wonder if there may be safety issues that are the reason for liquid sucralose not reaching the consumer market in volume? Perhaps there is the fear that concentrated versions may make it far too easy for some to consume unsafe amounts?

I suspect many of you have heard the same rumblings as I have about liver enlargement, alergies, and other problems related to sucralose. While I think Dr. Mercola takes too much of a conspiratorial position on sucralose, his message is on my radar. Mercola is a LC advocate, but recommends highly against sucralose: http://www.mercola.com/fcgi/pf/2003/aug/23/splenda.htm

I think LCers are taking smart steps to future health, but we have seen the medical establishment lead us in wrong directions before. I hope we do not discover that sucralose causes problems down the road. Does anyone have additional information?