View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sun, May-23-04, 22:36

Plan: Whole Foods (my own)
Stats: 135/127/120 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 53%

Quote:
But look, sorry if unwarranted advise, but running 2 miles every day? I think this is a very common thing (mistake) new joggers/runners do: running every day the same distance. For weight loss it makes little difference how/when you run, but, especialy now you are maintaing, it is a great feeling to become a BETTER runner. (faster, find it easier, be able to go longer if you want). When not try cutting back to 5 runs a week, running a 2, 3, 2.5, 2, 3 or similar. Same number of miles per week, but by running them like that (rest days and, importantly, different lengths) for a month or so you might be suprised how much you improve! (and faster running means shorter exercise sessions with the same results)

I would agree that rest is important in exercise, but I hate to criticize anyone who is active.

What I find with exercise is - if you are not as good in controlling your cravings (cough, cough, hmm, who could I be talking about?) , exercise is a fantastic way to manage your weight. Its nice to go for a 3 hour run (and I do those about once a week since I'm marathon training), burn a lot of calories and have some freedom in your food choices for that day

That being said, weight loss can be achieved without exercise. Easily