View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sun, May-23-04, 20:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 280/000/165 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 243%

[QUOTE=tofi]

I did read the book and read it carefully. I KNOW THAT NONE OF THIS IS IN THE BOOK! That is why I asked the question. I have been reading these forums, all under ATKINS, and there is much discussion on total protein, percent fat intake, and calories.

I did INDUCTION for two two weeks by the book and did not lose anything.

I was on a different diet until Mother's Day and lost 30 pounds. I have done exactly what the book says. I have not eaten a single thing not listed in induction. I have never exceeded 20 carbs and have looked each food item I have consumed up in a carb counter so I dont have hidden carbs. I have read labels and not taken any food with sugar, flour, cornstarch.

I have been reading the forums to see what I am missing.

I have problems with the reference to eat LIBERAL amounts of fat and protein. I had concern about what the line is between liberal and too much.
Since I had not lost anything on induction I was concerned I was doing something drastically wrong.

Obviously some on this forum feel that if your calories are too low, or your fat is too low you will stall. I know this is not in the book. Some also say that if you are consuming too much protein it is turned to glucose.

REREADING the book will not answer these questions.

I am hoping that someone who has had success with this plan will share their personal experience and not just tell me to read the book. I did, and many chapters I have read more than once.

Please dont condescend. I am asking a sincere question and would like a sincere answer.

I read the other diet plan and lost 30 pounds. It too came with a book. I know how to read.

Thanks to all who took the time to read this far, and God Bless You, to all who take the time to answer my questions.

Karen