Old Sun, May-23-04, 20:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 163/155/135 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 29%

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenamac
Hi all

I have been on atkins for the last 6 wks and only lost 6lbs. I take medicine for thyroid, but I don't know why I am loosing it so slowly, when others with thyroid probs seeem ok on this diet. I lost 5lbs in the first two weeks, put two on the second (because I went on holiday) and then lost one the week before last, none last week and none this week. I have been following atkins to the letter, counting my carbs and drinking like a fish!

I have been taking the right supplements, and have been eating all 'legal' foods (not frankenfoods such as "advantage bars"). I also don't seem to be in ketosis because my keto sticks aren't changing colour. I am below 20 grms carb and don't seem to be losing as fast as expected.

Please someone help!! am at the end of my thether, as I still have about 50lbs to go!

Cheers

I don't know about 50 more pounds to lose, because I don't know what your body type is. But those who are more overweight have a tendency to lose weight quicker. You might not be very leptin sensitive either. Also without looking at your food intake and exercise program it is hard to say. But don't be discouraged...everybody is different.