View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sun, May-23-04, 19:14

Plan: ex-atkins
Stats: 175/105/115 Female 5 ft 0
BF:
Progress: 117%

look, the 10X thing is only a guide and doesn't work as well towards both ends of the spectrum. Officially stated, it is never go below 10X goal, and aim for near 10X actual weight. SO thats where the goal weight thing comes in.

I think that it is isn't really important, unless you are having difficulties not losing. It is just important to remember that calories are still important, and if weight loss slows it may be worth looking at that rather then carbs.

And I thought I'd add, I really don't think 2500 calories is that much. Its just that the low cal diet mentalogy is so pervasive, that eating a normal amount of calories in healthful foods deliberately (rather then passive consumption of junk) seems perverse. Something like 50% of girls my age eat less then 1200 calories a day, which I just think is wrong. ABout halfway through atkins I started making a concerted effort to eat more then 2000 calories a day - wheras before I'd been following the 10-12x rule - and my weight loss increased dramatically.

Just saying don't worry about it, but remember 2500 only seems like a lot becuase formal diet plans usually have 1400.