#5   ^
Old Sat, Dec-01-01, 12:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 73/58/57
BF:
Progress: 94%
Thumbs down It is a Real Big Shame - Misinformation

Hi Andy

I haven't listened to Radio 2 for well over a year but I can imagine the sort of mis-information you are talking about. That is exactly the reason why I only "almost" manage to persuade members of my family to try LCing.

{Andy: She (Rosemary Conley) is one of the major forces of the commercial diet industry in Britain today. } Their success in capitalizing is seen as the success of their misinformation. The layperson truly needs pioneers like you to break through the mould.

If you need support we are right behind you. It is not only on Radio - almost all the diet and weight programmes on TV and magazines are based around low-fat. The results speak for themselves too in the increasing number of surveys which indicate that British children and adults are becoming heavier, diabetes is on the increase.

By the way Doodle, Richard & Judy have a spot on Ch4 now 4 or 5pm if you miss them that badly. They do have a genuineness and charm of their own. The "younger" model replacement just doesn't hold the same appeal.

Take care.