View Single Post
  #20   ^
Old Sun, May-23-04, 00:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 229/205/170 Female 5'6"
BF:I have Body Fat!??
Progress: 41%

Hmm, you asked for menus, didn't you? We eat fairly simply, and I was just thinking about that tonight. The reason we eat simple meals is because the food tastes so darned good there's no need to go for fancy! We used to fix such complicated meals and never have half the taste we do now! LOL

We do a lot of meat and veggie meals, like supper tonight was pork roast cut up into chunks and fried (daughter thought she was getting out pork steaks, then discovered it too late to bake the roast), with a salad. I had green olives and bleu cheese dressing on my salad.

I just love the casserole we make. We use turkey, cauliflower, cheese, mayo and bleu cheese dressing. It's basically made almost like a tuna casserole using turkey (or chicken) for the meat and cauliflower instead of noodles. Another favorite is spinach casserole.

Stir-fries are also a staple around here, often made with either ground beef or ground turkey and all kinds of veggies, generally heavy on the cabbage.

Roasts baked with cabbage.
Lots and lots of salads which vary from time to time depending on the produce in the fridge, and dressed as the mood strikes. Sometimes I like caesar dressing, sometimes Greek dressing, most of the time bleu cheese.

We also eat quite a few frozen vegetables, like broccoli or broccoli/cauliflower blend. Sometimes I'll get the kind with carrots so I can have a couple of bites of carrots.

Oh, I almost forgot! During the winter months, spaghetti squash with pasta sauce. Other times we make 'vege-ghetti' which is basically pasta sauce with a lot of veggies added and meat.

I know there's more, but I really can't think well tonight.