View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sat, May-22-04, 14:54

Plan: Neanderwannabe
Stats: 160/125/115 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 78%

I lost 15 lbs 2 years ago just by walking EVERYWHERE I went and working at a job where I was always on my feet. My boyfriend and I would walk a good 10 miles just on the weekends. I was paying attention to what I ate and never starved myself. Since I was the one footing the bill for the food we ate I didn't buy much junk (candy and wahtnot). Then we moved to a rural area where you can't get anywhere on foot. I can't drive so I would have to rely on my bf to take me places. He hated leaving the house so I spent most of my time on my butt. Also I had no exercise equipment and hardwood floors are not much of a workout surface. This alone caused me to gain 10 lbs quick. Then we moved again. D.C is a wonderful place where everything is in close proximity. Unfortunately, Starbucks, chinese, and a wonderful candy store were right across the street. I gained 20 lbs in 6 months. Then we moved again. This time it was in with his father cause he's disabled and needs the extra help. He's a total sweet/bread addict and we would make regular trips to Dunkin Donuts, sometimes 3 times a week. So, now I'm just trying to overcome my newfound carb addiction. But I totally think exercise is the key. So I've got my elliptical trainer to help with the fact that I can no longer walk everywhere.