#11   ^
Old Sat, Dec-01-01, 00:06
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 140/138/120
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default sigh

well I ate what I wanted and had a glass of wine and a light beer (well half a light beer). that is the maximum I drink anyway.

when I started this diet I wrote to ask about the medication I am on which is celexa 40mg a day. I will be off it in march, god willing. until then I have no choice but to take it, as the consequences of stopping AMA are not worth it in my opinion.

I gained the 20lbs after starting the celexa. I have tried everything I could think of it to lose it, and have for the past 18 months lived a fairly LC existence. before that I was a vegetarian for 6 years, as a matter of food preference.

no my thyroid is fine, though it gets checked regularly. a bad thyroid would explain many of my current health problems, but it doesn't seem to be that. I am seriously thinking of going to an endocrinologist.

Opinions? Anybody else had thyroid problems that couldn't be diagnosed by the standard blood test (including free T4). I have all the symptoms. Tiredness, heavier periods, weight gain, .... However my doctor says not likely. I think it is my thyroid and it is common in my family.

suggestions for switching diets? I have no problem with this WOL or WOE. It's just frustrating to be unable to lose no matter how careful you are.

yes I sinned tonight, but I'm not on induction. I've been dieting now for 4 weeks.

though I have repeatedly been told on this forum I just need more patience. I'm not sure how much more is reasonable.

idea? thoughts? helps?

all input gratefully accepted.