View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Sat, May-22-04, 08:51

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 167.5/122/115 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 87%

Hi Sona, I'm 5'1" and by the time I reached 115 I was losing verrry slowly, so I'm not at all surprised that it's going slowly for you as well. I realize it's frustrating, especially since you had so little to lose so it's not like you lost 50 lb. and then started to slow down.

I do *not* think you need to cut calories. 1300-1500 is not high, especially if you're exercising every day.

That body fat percentage sounds inaccurate to me, unless you are a weakling or an invalid (which you can't be, exercising so much) I bet your true BF% is much lower. Our stats are very similar and I have a home BF scale, it tells me I'm at 23-24%. But, it's really hard to accurately measure BF % without going to a professional. So I wouldn't worry about a calculation from a book. Your dress size is a much better indicator if you don't have a good way to measure body fat.

I think your feeling of exhaustion is telling. Maybe you're overtraining? If so, increasing carbs would probably help. (and if this is your problem, cutting calories will only make it worse.) I'm not suggesting a spoonful of sugar before working out (although some weightlifters do that) but maybe some whole grains, higher carb vegetables or something. With more good carbs, your body would have more energy & would not only get more from the exercise you're already doing, but might respond to additional intensity. If Natrushka is stll hanging out in the exercise forums, you might ask her. She knows a lot about these issues & is a great role model besides.

Kaillean is exactly right that when we're already fairly slim, we need to forget about weight to some degree, and focus on how our bodies actually look. Like I said, after eight weeks of Body for Life I had lost almost no weight, but was 2 dress sizes smaller. If all I cared about was the number on the scale, I would have seen BFL as a failure, when really it did a lot for me.