View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sat, May-22-04, 08:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/165/140 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 58%

I'm afraid that until the FDA comes up with some rules on what a company can claim is low carb and what they can't, we are just going to have to try the products and see how our body handles it.

If I eat a product and stay in ketosis then I add that product to the list of foods I can have. If I eat it and it knocks me out of ketosis then I throw it away and never buy it again.

I know from past experience if a product has a large amount of sugar alcohol in it, like lc candy, that my body can't handle it. It knocks me out of ketosis. When I tried the Dreamfield pasta I was extremely surprised when I ate it and stayed in ketosis.

I also make it a rule not to try more than one new product a week. So my advice is, try it and see how well you can handle it. If it works, great, if not throw it away and never buy it again.

Personally I use Natures Own 100% whole wheat bread. It's not advertised as low carb but after subtracting the fiber it has 7 carbs per slice. I buy it for my family, it's very good bread and a healthy choice for them. I allow myself 2 slices a week.