View Single Post
  #16   ^
Old Sat, May-22-04, 05:49

Plan: very low fiber
Stats: 225/225/150 Female 67 in.
BF:dont know
Progress: 0%

There is a difference in how "fat" (I hate that word) people are treated versus non "fat" people. I am overweight, but you would not know it to look at me, so I am told by my peers. When I was much heavier I was very much picked on and ridiculed, my ex husband even divorced me because of it. when we got married was a very thin runner, very active. I got in a bad car wreck and gained alot of weight. I went from weighing 130 to almost 200 lbs. And the way I was treated by people (even my own family!!!) was very different indeed. As a "thin" (average weight I think) I am veiwed very different and I had a boss tell me one time that I was hired on the a job because the owner of the establishment needed a "looker" out front. The other lady who was much more qualified than I, lost out on the higher paying job. I felt very used at that point, and very bad about how I got the job after that.

now, I work at a job where there are almost only "fat" women. I love these women, they are funny, and make going to work fun....but, they do pick on me because I am thinner then they are. They harp on my diet plan all the time and try to exclude me from things stating things like "only real women here" and "when are you going to eat like a real person" things like that. So I guess in some ways it goes both ways, lookism is not right, any way it goes.
Sponsored Links